Friday, April 3, 2015

Daffodil Easter Cards


Happy Good Friday, friends! Here are the Easter cards I made this year. I took my inspiration from a card Maile Belles made a while back that I have always admired. My version is a smaller 4 bar size.  The daffodil image is the same one I used on my Easter tag, from Papertrey Ink's set Year of Flowers: Collection.



The background flower was stamped repeatedly in Crumb Cake ink, while the image on the tag was stamped in Daffodil Delight ink. The notched banner is actually a Tag Sale #5 die cut, with the rounded top trimmed off. I tied the end with baker's twine and adhered it with foam tape for some dimension.


This second version is much like my Easter tag. This time I cut the notched tag from watercolor paper and embossed the daffodil in white. I then went over it using an aqua painter brush and Daffodil Delight ink to fill it in and reveal the white outline of the flower.


I'd be curious to hear which version you like best. Let me know in the comments!

Have a wonderful Easter this weekend!



SUPPLIES
Stamps: Year of Flowers: Collection (PTI), Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU!)
Paper: Kraft, Stamper's Select White (PTI), water color paper
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake (SU!), Onyx Black (Versafine), Versa Mark
Tools: Tag Sale #5 die (PTI)
Embellishments: baker's twine

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Very cute! I especially like the 2nd version with the watercoloring. I've never heard of a 4 bar size. I had to look that one up.