Monday, February 3, 2014

Welcome Home

Happy 2014! It has been a busy start to the new year around here and I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I truly meant to start blogging again in January; how is it already February? Next week a certain young man will be having his first birthday. What?! How is my baby almost one already? Though by the way he crawls along and walks while holding my hands I know toddlerhood is not far away. Bittersweet. I am currently entrenched in party planning and getting ready for the out of town family that will be coming to stay next week. It can be hard living so far from family, especially with a little one, so we are blessed that all of his grandparents and aunts are making the trip down. Hopefully I'll have some cute birthday party photos to share. Fingers crossed that all goes well! :)



In the meantime I wanted to share this housewarming card. My parents moved into a beautiful new home in December and we were able to stay with them over Christmas. Moving into a new house (and then having house guests come to stay) a few days before Christmas certainly adds some spice to life! Ha! So this card was both a housewarming card and a thank you for hosting us over the holidays.

I used lots of my favorite PTI products on this card. The wreath and sentiment are from Wreath for All Seasons, with the wreath stamped on a Mat Stack 1 die cut. The sentiment is stamped on a Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio die cut. The pattern along the bottom is one of the images from Tin Types. The Kraft layer is impressed with the Woodgrain impression plate and sewn onto a card base of Rustic Cream. The buttons in the upper left I believe are from PTI's Vintage Cream button collection.

Thanks for stopping by!


 
SUPPLIES
Stamps: Wreath for All Seasons, Tin Types (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Rustic Cream (PTI)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Lavender Lace, Old Olive, Crumb Cake (SU!)
Embellishments: green satin ribbon
Tools: Ribbon Tag Trio die (Spellbinders), Mat Stack 1 die, Woodgrain impression plate (PTI)

2 comments:

karen h said...

Wonderful card! I love the way you did the stamping on the mat stack and overlayed the sentiment on another die-cut.

Debbie said...

As the recipient of this card I can say that's it's beautiful and lovingly displayed on my mantel. See you next week for that certain young man's birthday :-)