Saturday, May 25, 2013

PTI May Blog Hop


I have been meaning to play along with a Papertrey Ink blog hop for ages, and today I finally managed to get my card done in time! The challenge was to use a floral set and one of several provided color combos. I may have cheated a bit by only using one color, though Nicole did say we didn't have to use all of the colors. Ha!

For my card I used Year of Flowers Collection for the floral image and the sentiment is from Wreath for All Seasons.  I started out by stamping the sentiment in Versa Mark ink on a Raspberry Fizz panel, then filled in the flowers around it, also in Versa Mark. Then I embossed everything with white embossing powder. The Raspberry Fizz panel was attached to a Stamper's Select White base with dimensionals and it was finished! I love that it is both clean and simple but has a vibrant punch. Thanks for stopping by and be sure to go see what everyone else created today!

Happy stamping!

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Year of Flowers Collection, Wreath for All Seasons (PTI)
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Ink: Versa Mark
Other: white embossing powder, dimensionals

9 comments:

Debbie said...

It's beautiful. One color is perfect!

maryrose said...

Super elegant and so sweet!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love those stamped sweet peas in white on the pink background!

Keri said...

Simple, but SO pretty! :)

Cassandra said...

So elegant and simple - wonderful card

Rhonda said...

I like this a lot Vicki! Simple and so pretty.

Annheidel said...

Simple and striking card!

DF said...

Lovely CAS card!

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Wonderful CAS card - love the striking color combo!