Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fly Away Birthday


A very special little boy is turning 1 year old next week so this is the card I made for him.  The theme of his birthday party is fire trucks so I would have loved to make a card to coordinate, but as I don't have any fire truck stamps (clearly a deficiency in my arsenal!) I went with this little red airplane from Fly Away instead. I used primary colors to keep it bright and kid-like. :) Both the plane and the trailing banner are popped up with foam tape.


The blue argyle pattern paper is from Prints Pack, an older retired SU! design. I thought it worked nicely as the sky behind the plane. The banner is tied to the plane with yellow baker's twine and I used pinking shears on the Daffodil Delight layer.  Pretty simple but I hope D. and his parents like it!

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Fly Away (PTI)
Paper: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Prints Pack dp (SU!), Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black (SU!)
Embellishments: baker's twine
Tools: Fly Away die (PTI), pinking shears

No comments: