Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day 2012


This is the card I made for my dad and father-in-law for Father's Day. Last year I did something that had more of a vintage vibe, so I went in the opposite direction and kept this clean and modern looking. I used A Little Argyle in Really Rust and Basic Black ink to create the pattern along the bottom. I am seriously loving that stamp set and have to restrain myself from adding argyle to everything lately. Ha! The word "dad" was die cut out of Blue Bayou card stock and then I added a bit of black embroidery floss.


This is the version I made for my two grandfathers. The Crumb Cake layer was impressed with my Linen and Canvas impression plate and also sponged around the edges. I used twine instead of embroidery floss as well.

Thanks for stopping by and happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

SUPPLIES

Dad
Stamps: A Little Argyle (PTI)
Paper: Blue Bayou, Whisper White (SU!)
Ink: Really Rust, Basic Black (SU!)
Embellishments: black embroidery floss
Tools: Block Alphabet die (PTI)


Grandpa
Stamps: A Little Argyle (PTI)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake (SU!)
Embellishments: twine
Tools: Block Alphabet die, Linen and Canvas impression plate (PTI)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Well that argyle stamp is just too much fun! Great cards!