Monday, July 25, 2011

Star Studded Birthday

Does this look familiar? It is a variation I did on a 4th of July card I posted a few weeks ago, but changed it up to be a festive birthday card! The firecracker image works quite nicely as a birthday candle, don't you think? I switched out the blue and red for an orange and pink color scheme. Quite bright and summery. :)

The star image was stamped with Versa Mark ink onto orange and pink card stock, then I cut them out by hand with paper snips. They are rearranged from the original version so that they look more like a hanging garland, and I also added some ribbon. Each candle has a tiny little rhinestone at its center. The orange star is popped up on with foam tape.

The inside sentiment is stamped in coordinating colors there are a few little stars to carry on the festive theme. I made two of these fun cards, one for my stash and one for you. Enjoy!

Have a wonderful week, friends!

xoxo


SUPPLIES
Stamps: July Fourth, Happy Everything
Paper: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Romance
Ink: Versa Mark, Only Orange, Rose Romance
Embellishments: orange satin ribbon, rhinestone stickers, foam tape, button

No comments: