Saturday, July 9, 2011

1st Birthday Card

Today my husband and I went to a 1st birthday party for the daughter of some friends of ours. Of course I needed to make a card for the occasion, and believe it or not this is my first ever kid's card. I've made baby cards, but never one for a child, so it was certainly a challenge!

I sewed ribbon loops on the left side of the main panel and also sewed clear buttons over a trio of punched flowers. The bottom half of the card was embossed with a polka dot motif. I was trying to keep it bright and fun.

The inside is fairly simple, just another pink flower to match the front. I hope little "M" liked her card, or that at least her parent's did! *grin*


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Happy Everything, Somerset Alphabet by Inkadinkado
Paper: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Rose Romance
Ink: Certainly Celery, Rose Romance
Embellishments: clear buttons, white embroidery floss, green ribbon
Tools: 1" circle punch, Marvy Uchida jumbo daisy punch, sewing machine, foam tape, Swiss dots embossing folder

No comments: