Monday, May 16, 2011

A Green & Yellow Birthday

I'm trying to be back on the blogging bandwagon with at least one post a week. So here's to two weeks in a row! Hehe. :)

This week brings us another card with stitching on it. I admit to being a little obsessed with this technique now that I have my sewing machine figured out. I may need intervention!

The presents were stamped on watercolor paper with Versa Mark ink. I had originally stamped them on Whisper White card stock, but when I colored in the image the paper warped too much. Thicker paper was definitely in order. The whole focal image is also popped up with foam tape.







The stitching is a zig zag between the yellow scallops and green pattern paper. I thought it helped tie (pun intended!) the two papers together and added some interest. I also wanted to do something other than ribbon on this card so some jute twine did the job nicely of holding the "happy birthday" tag.








The inside was done to match. The white panel is the same shape as the green paper on the exterior and it is flanked with the same yellow scallops. And that is it! :)


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Happy Moments
Paper: Crumb Cake, Barely Banana, watercolor paper, Parisian Summer dp, Thift Shop dp by October Afternoon
Ink: Versa Mark Onyx Black, Barely Banana, Old Olive
Embellishments: jute twine
Tools: Nestabilities large oval and large scallop oval dies, corner rounder punch, scallop border punch, word window punch, 1/16" circle punch, aqua painter, sewing machine
, foam tape

No comments: