Monday, May 9, 2011

Boho Bird

Hello, friends! I have certainly missed updating my little ol' blog, but the month of April was a crazy one for us! We were out of town ourselves, then we were blessed to have guests in town for several weeks. My craft room is also the guest room, so no crafting while guests were here! But now it's back to life as "usual", whatever that means. :)

This is the first card I've made in weeks, and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. The main stamp set is Friends 24-7. I feel like I always use this one but I do love it so!



I was going for a bit of a shabby chic feel for this card so there is lots of tea dye ink around all of the edges, along with the small splatter image from Itty Bitty Backgrounds. Even the large flourish image in the background was stamped with tea dye!

For the circle element, I stamped the bird in brown and then clear embossed over top. I then cut a mask for the bird from scratch paper so I could stamp the flourish over top. The edges of the circle were distressed with a bone folder.



I pulled out my sewing machine again to add some zig zag detail in the upper right corner. This is just my second time sewing on my cards so I am still learning. It took me a while to set up and get the correct tension on my machine. But I love the effect and that I was able to find matching thread!



Thanks for coming by to spend part of your day with me, have a wonderful week!

*Hugs*

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Friends 24-7, Baroque Motifs, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo (PTI)
Embellishments: clear embossing powder, seam binding, button, jute, thread

Tools: Cutter Bee Circle Cutter, embossing gun, stamp-a-ma-jig, sewing machine

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! There is so much detail. I love the zig zag sewing. This is beautiful!