Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Spring!

The first day of spring was yesterday (hurray!) and to celebrate I made a bright and cheery flower card. The layout was inspired by the ever talented Lisa Johnson; you can see her card here.

The flower bouquet image is from Happy Moments and has actually never seen ink. I've pulled it out many times to use on a card, but somehow I always ended up going in a different direction. So I'm super happy to finally have used it, it's so cute! Like my last card, I stamped it in Versa Fine so that I could water color it without having the outline bleed.


I adhered the small turquoise ribbon loop with red sticky tape, then sewed the button to overlap slightly.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a marvelous week!

*hugs*







SUPPLIES
Stamps: Happy Moments, Trendy Trees
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Bella Rose dp

Ink: Versa Fine Onyx Black, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive
Embellishments: paper doily, Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, button, white embroidery thread

Tools: scallop circle punch, cutter bee circle cutter, aqua painter

No comments: