Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Note of Thanks

The color scheme for this card was inspired by a gift bag I spied when I was out and about recenty. It had a very fun floral motif in black and yellow. Hmm, I said to myself, that sounds like a great color combo for a card! So here it is. :)

The sentiment was stamped on a strip of Very Vanilla card stock. I also scored lines above and below the sentiment for some added detail and interest. Ditto the three little paper piercings to the right of the words.



The bird is embossed in black to make it a bolder image. I also used my aqua painter to put a light yellow wash behind the bird to tie in with the pattern paper and also help it show up better. Some yellow brads and a bit of black grosgrain ribbon finished it off!





SUPPLIES
Stamps: Friends 24-7, Thank You Kindly
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Parisian Summer dp
Ink: Basic Black, Versa Mark, Barely Banana, Summer Sun
Accessories: black embossing powder, Making Memory brads, black grosgrain ribbon, Cutter Bee Circle System, corner rounder punch, aqua painter

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I love how you did the color behind the bird. I have never heard of an aqua painter before. I'll have to look into it!