Monday, November 15, 2010

Vintage Christmas Tree

I'm just as pleased as Christmas punch with how this card turned out. I can almost smell the heavenly pine scent of a Christmas tree. (Or at least a pine scented candle as our tree is artificial!)

I was hoping for rather contradictory looks, I confess, when I was thinking about the design for this card. Both clean and simple but a bit on the vintage/shabby side as well. I think the preponderance of ivory card stock really helps lighten it up and keep that fresh, clean look I was after. But then I sponged the edges and used the speckled image from Itty Bitty Backgrounds to give it an aged look, too. I also love the Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch, it really kicks things up a notch.





The inside of the card is finished to match the front. The edges were sponged and stamped just like the front, and there is a row of little pine boughs stamped across the bottom.

As I look at this card I keeping thinking of the Victorian era. It makes me want to curl up and read "A Christmas Carol" with a cup of hot tea. :)

As always, thanks for stopping by!


SUPPLIES

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Paper: Always Artichoke, Vanilla
Ink: Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: 1/4" brown satin ribbon, button, twine, Martha Stewart
Doily Lace Edge Punch, foam tape

2 comments:

SocksAndMittens said...

It is very very pretty card!

Debbie said...

This is so pretty. I love the soft look of the lace border.