Monday, November 8, 2010

Give Thanks

With all of the pumpkin goodness that has been happening in my kitchen lately, it only seemed fitting to make a pumpkin themed card to go along!

Today's card uses one of my favorite SU! sets, Carved and Candlelit. It's meant to be a Halloween set as it includes lots of jack-o-lantern faces, but I love using it for fall themed cards. To get the overlap effect for the pumpkin trio, I first stamped the tall pumpkin in the center on my card stock. Then I stamped it again on a post-it note, cut it out and used that as a mask over my project. I could then stamp the two smaller pumpkins to either side of it, remove the post-it, and have it look as though they are behind the big guy.

I used the same masking technique for the stems. The set only includes one stem image but I wanted them each to look slightly different. By again masking the pumpkins with post-its I could rotate the stem stamp around, stamping a different part of it on each pumpkin, making all three stems look a little different. Does that make sense? It's a nice way to get more mileage from your stamps.

Thanks for sharing part of your day with me!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Carved and Candlelit, Holiday Best
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip

Embellishments: 1/2" ivory satin ribbon, stamp-a-ma-jig, foam tape

2 comments:

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Great Thanksgiving card!