Monday, October 18, 2010

Something Blue

A lovely lady from my church was married this past Saturday and this is the card I made for her and her groom. I really like the way it turned out, with the very soft white on white and vellum layer.

The sentiment and flourish were done by stamping them in Versa Mark onto the vellum and then embossing them in white. By the way, I finally got myself a heat tool. Bliss! Don't laugh, but I've been embossing the old school way over the stove. A gas stove. Which works pretty well all things considered, if you don't mind living in terror of burning your project, your kitchen, and your house down every time. Ha!

Back to less dangerous things. . . I added rhinestone stickers to the centers of the flower images and tucked a layer of white that had been punched with my Martha Stewart doily lace edge punch underneath. I think it adds a nice little touch. Then a bow of bluish aqua seam binding finished it off. I hope they like it!





SUPPLIES
Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Paper: Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Versa Mark

Accessories: white embossing powder, rhinestone stickers, Martha Stewart doily lace edge punch, seam binding

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Stamping on the vellum really adds a touch of class and that seam binding sure looks elegant as well!

Liz said...

Wow, singe marks wouldn't have gone very well with this lovely card! If your heat tool ever gives up the ghost, try a light bulb. Might heat up your fingers but shouldn't be as fire-prone!

Ricochet said...

I've used the toaster before. :)