Monday, September 6, 2010

Trick or Treat!

Happy Labor Day! I hope you have today off and are enjoying the last hurrah of summer. Maybe you're having a a bbq with friends or hanging out at the park. I know, I know. So why am I posting a Halloween card? Well, I sat down in my stamp room (a.k.a. guest room, back room, cat's room. . .) and this is what came out! I had a bunch of different tree sets lying out with the intention of making a fall themed card, but then I saw the dotted spiral of one of Trendy Tree's tops, and somehow Halloween came out of that! Lol!

Once the mojo informed me we were doing Halloween I flipped through the Splitcoast Stamper's sketch challenge gallery for some layout inspiration, settling on SC272. I cut the purple circle out with my Cutter Bee circle cutting system, setting it to 2 1/4", then stamped it with the spider web image from Inkadinkado's Creepy Crawly. I put a rhinestone sticker at the center of the web.

The green panel is stamped with the dotted spiral circle that started this whole mess, which is actually a treetop from Trendy Trees. I made a little embellishment with some circle punches and a button for the top right corner. The sentiment ties my color scheme together, though it was a bit of work. The markers I have unfortunately dry too quickly to color them all at once, so I did it one color at a time with the help of a stamp-a-ma-jig. I had a little scrap of green ribbon left over from my Rustic Apple Card that went perfectly so it got added to the edge of the sentiment panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Holiday Best, Trendy Trees by SU!, Creepy Crawly by Inkadinkado
Paper: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Eggplant Envy, Very Vanilla by SU!, Orange Small Dots dp by Recollections
Ink: Basic Black, Certainly Celery
Accessories: 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, Cutter Bee circle cutter, black satin ribbon, green satin ribbon, black button, green embroidery thread, rhinestone sticker, markers, stamp-a-ma-jig

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Who would think Trendy Trees could inspire Halloween. I wouldn't have. Sure is cute though!

Anonymous said...

Just got your blog address from your mom. Like your card shop.