Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crocheted Flower Card

Besides paper crafting and cooking, I also enjoy crochet. In an effort to combine some of my hobbies I've been busy making a stash of crocheted embellishments for my card projects. I've found that for the small scale of these embellishments DMC embroidery thread works better than yarn, and has the added bonus of coming in so many colors!

It took a while to get the hang of working so small (I'm using a #1 crochet hook!) but now that I've got it down I can crank out these little flowers in just a few minutes. I like that kind of instant gratification! *wink*

This card, and one similar to it, are now up in my Etsy shop if you want to take a look.

Thanks for stopping by, friends!





SUPPLIES
Stamps: Trendy Trees
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Basic Black, Whisper White, Certainly Celery

Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: hand crocheted flower, little leaves die, black button, black embroidery thread, paper piercer, mini glue dots

3 comments:

Liz said...

Cute card! I was just noticing this one on your Etsy shop. By the way, I think there is a color matching chart for DMC floss and SU colors somewhere on SplitCoast.

Marcia said...

that is beautiful, vickie! wow! :)

Priya said...

Very nice handicraft!