Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanks with a Flourish

I recently got the Stampin' Up! set Friends 24-7 for my birthday (thanks Mom!) and I can't put it down! I am in love with the flourish image and keep reaching for it no matter what type of card I am making. Sorry if you get tired of seeing it!

The design is based on this card that I have admired for a while. I changed up the colors and papers and simplified things a bit. The green paper is part of SU!'s Bella Rose collection that retired a few years ago, and I am almost out, so sad! I love this green pattern!

Everything is pretty straight forward on this card, just lots of layers and matting. I like how the black makes the pastels pop. And of course I had to add some bling to the flourish. *grin*

Hope you are having a great week so far!


SUPPLIES
Stamps: Friends 27-7, Thank You Kindly
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Bella Rose dp
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Basic Black
Accessories: 1/2" black satin ribbon, rhinestone sticker

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I agree about the black. It really does make the other colors pop. Very pretty!